This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
Allsigns International Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using the website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Allsigns International Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Personal Data: What information do we collect, why do we collect and what do we do with it
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, job title and company name
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Invoicing, payment and credit information
- How you found our website, website areas visited and how long you visited our website
- Products you supply
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we may use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
What we do with the information you provide
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Financial management and reporting
- Transportation and logistics planning
- Previous use/supply of our services and products (Customers/Suppliers)
- Credit request forms (our Customers)
- Purchasing/Ordering and Invoicing processes and information, including amounts charged
- HMRC, Vat, Financial Conduct Authority and any other operational legal areas and obligations
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- Information provided during online account creation may also be used to give you exclusive discount via our online shopping basket. If you’re applicable, we’ll be in touch.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 24 months for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
- 12 months for inactive accounts
- 4 weeks for pending orders
- 3 months for failed orders
- 7 days for cancelled orders
- 36 months for completed orders; afterwards, your personal data is deleted from the order.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
We use contact form(s) on our website as a method of communication between our visitors / customers and our team. All data collected via the forms(s) is transmitted to us via SSL security (padlock in your browser) and is also stored on secure email servers. Here’s what we collect:
- Email address
- Phone number
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
Who do we share your data with?
We don’t unless necessary for the requirements listed above.
Information collected via Google Analytics, security systems, and redirect tools are shared with our web team in order to diagnose potential issues with our web platform. These issues may result in performance improvements and design changes in the future. Our web team First Class Design does not use this data for marketing purposes on their behalf, but may use this data for marketing on our (Allsigns International) website.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the production and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click ‘YES’ to indicate that you want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected].
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties, unless we are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and EU General Data Protection Regulations 2018. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Allsigns International Limited, Blyth Road, Harworth, Doncaster, DN11 8QA.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish anything throughout the site (e.g. provide notes within orders), an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID for the content you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
What rights you have over your data
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Our contact information
+44(0)1302 752 070
Allsigns International Limited
Brunel Industrial Estate, Blyth Road, Harworth, Doncaster, DN11 8QA
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm on: +44(0)1302 752 070